Monday, May 10, 2010

To bond or Not...

If I were to really let go, I would immerse myself in nature for the sole purpose of rejuvenation, and them the Sh!t would hit the fan because I am almost deathly afraid of it. It being the things that come with buddying up to our good ole pal, nature. Cabins, climbing mountains, camping, and going on survivor are all things that people have done in an effort to clear their minds and become one with the earth.

I get it... I really do, but the idea of potentially getting stuck in either situation freaks me out. Dealing with bears, bugs, out houses, canteens, heavy backpacks, sweaty pits, packaged food, and bruised limbs among other things is a huge sacrifice all for rejuvenation. I know there are other ways that people suggest, but bonding with nature is supposed to be the ultimate way. I would be more than happy to go to a spa and pamper myself... But people apparently do that to clear their minds not to process the things on their minds... Or do they. Really and truly, I don't think you need to go anywhere except truly in your head to process. A far away location is just an added bonus, unless you decide halfway through that you aren't ready to process... and you're only halfway up the mountain.

So, since I'm not letting go, I'm not going to climb Kilimanjaro... Instead, I'm going to drink plenty of white chocolate mocha latte's and read about other people climbing it.

~Reel Moments~

Into the Wild
Christopher McCandless: No man, Alaska, Alaska. I'm gonna be all the way out there, all the f-ing way out there. Just on my own, you know. No f-ing watch, no map, no axe, no nothing. Just be out there in it. You know, big mountains, rivers, sky, game. Just be out there in it, you know? In the wild.

0 comments:

Post a Comment