Monday, May 16, 2011

The Year of Skinny

Over the past year or so, plus size women have been falling into the category of not a plus size woman.

Some by choice (dieting or changing their eating habits) and some by default (careers). There are a ton of people who have been on weight loss journeys over the last year and for various reasons, but the people I'm talking about have gone on their journeys and have completely blown their journey out of the water... and in a record amount of time or at least it seems like it.

I've been on my journey off an on for a couple years. I do well when I'm not exteremely busy or not completely bored. My life needs to be balanced in order for me to really commit. Otherwise, I just can't get it together. The great thing is that I really only fluctuate about 15 lbs. Okay, that may not be great, but it's also not 30 or 50lbs or up and down. I stay fairly consistent unless I go on for weeks eating fast food and not working out or playing wii.

When I moved to TX, I was eating out all of the time, especially with Pizza Hut right upstairs from my office. I do love me some pizza. Anyway, I gained about 16 lbs from Dec to April, which is insane. I had to get it together, so I have lost 14 of those lbs and I definitely have more to lose.

I have given myself a deadline of October 1st to lose 50 lbs even though I plan to lose is before school starts on August 25th. I am about 20 lbs away from my lowest weight post graduation, but I want to blow my journey out of the water too. Yeah, it will be great to be more fit and not wear smaller sizes, but my motivation is also about conforming. I really want to pursue acting in the near future. I don't believe that there is an age that's too old to get into acting, but I do think it's easier if you're fit for your size. That is myh goal... It's not to be skinny, but to be a fit plus size girl. No abs... just no round belly. You get my drift.

Anyway, enough about me. Here are some before and after pics of some celebrities that have done one heck of a job getting in shape.


0 comments:

Post a Comment