Tuesday, May 17, 2011

No More

I got on Facebook right before I left work and I see this facebook status from a UTA student...

I got the worse phone call that a 20 yr old man could ever get. A phone call from your little brother crying that our mom just died at the age of 36 at home and I couldn't be there when my family needed me. :( RIP Mama I ♥ You!!! :(

WTF...

I immediately go into crisis management mode.
Find student id number and student phone number...check
Find out where student is...check
Email Important University Staff about class, counseling and other resources...check
Meet student..check
Console...check
Laugh a little...check
Discuss the upcoming week and how he wanted to proceed...check
Talk about the good times...check
Meet the cousin and some friends...check
Provide a little wisdonpm about strength, weakness, handling your responsibilities and taking care of yourself...check

Now, for some Wendy's to hit the spot.  Seriously, I need a break from traumatic events. This student is 20 years old, has a younger brother and a 12 year old sister. During the time I was ther, he went from talking clearly and saying I'm just going to take it one day at a time to crying in my shoulder and saying I'm mad because she's supposed to be here... She's supposed to be at my wedding and be at my brother's graduation in 2 weeks. I hate to be selfish, but this is unreal. 

Things like that just break my heart. Unfortunately, we don't get to choose everything, but thankfully his mom helped him move this past weekend. God always works things out even when we feel like things are crumbling down.

Cherish every moment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment