Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Large and in Charge...or Not

If I were to really let go, I would go on the road to eat at all the places that have the portion sizes that are too big for 12 people to share, and then the sh!t would hit the fan because apparently my metabolism (yeah, I'm using that excuse) is also fighting against me.  Now, first off, I would like to say that I love to eat and I'm not ashamed to say it.  Being plus size has nothing (or at least not everything) to do with eating. That behind us, food is wonderful and sometimes I want to eat a lot of food just because.  Not because I'm depressed or going through something and start emotionally eating, but just because I want good food.  I mean think about a time when you have put something (that can be digested) in your mouth and it was the best thing smoking...  I mean you thought, doggonit, I could eat this all night long. Well that is the kind of food that I like to eat, and apparently that is what all those places with extra large portions have in common...  Savory,delectable, yummyness and I want some. 

Take the following.... Yum, Yum, and more Yum!!!




























Yes, I know these pictures look greasy as crap and super calorie filled... SO WHAT.  My face would be extremely happy while every morsel of food was hitting my tongue and strolling down my throat to hopefully be digested below.  The crappy part (pun intended) is that not only would I probably get sick from the massive amounts of food, but I would probably say that I never wanted to eat those wonderful things again (at least right then), I would think about how many calories I took in, probably develop some type of intense workout plan that would ultimately fail because of the urgency I created (yoyo dieting), and go in an ultimate sulk for falling into temptation.  The unfortunate things is that sometimes we don't think about the after effects when we want the immediate gain, and we are willing to accept the consequences of our actions. Let me be clear though, I don't want to just go and eat something large and in charge.... I want to go eat multiple things that are large and in charge without having those ridiculous self-made consquences, and that ti why the sh!t would hit the fan.

So, since I'm not really going to let go... I'm going to go home drink a diet coke (which I love as well) and read a book, which hopefully talks about some delectable foods at some point.

For more large and in charge pictures, go here.

~Reel Moments~

Soul Food

Quote to come... library is closing on me.

4 comments:

Regina said...

So, I'm home drinking my diet coke and I added a nutty butty... but the light was on at the Krispy Kreme store and I could totally eat a dozen. I also forgot to mention the obvious health risks associated with overindulgent eating, but i would delete health risks if I could. So, for the sake of the post... they don't exist.

J. Kelly said...

1) I love good food, and would be right there with you.
2) I love all the side comments in this post...that make me laugh.

Esoteric Prose said...

Cleveland is featured in man v. food... you'd only have to make 1 grilled cheese/week if this was the case... ---> http://www.meltbarandgrilled.com/melt-challenge/

Regina said...

Good to know that someone else would be happy and miserable with me. Amber, that is absolutely wonderful.

Post a Comment