Tuesday, May 4, 2010

hmmmm..... Bald or Not....

If I were to really let go, I would shave my head, and then the sh!t would hit the fan.  The idea of shaving my head came up a few weeks ago when my hair decided to fight me by being super dry and filled with dandruff.  It has been trying to cooperate more these last few days, but ultimately it is still doing what it wants.

It would be so much easier if I didn't have hair.  I would go completely bald. Waking up, washing my face, refreshing my scalp everyday, not spending 20 plus minutes to fix it, and being able to wear any type of head gear without worrying about the after effects.

As I thought about shaving my head or going natural may be the better option for my hair type... I rubbed my scalp to feel the shape.  Let's just say it wasn't completely round. I thought about the months it would take for the style to take shape and what I could do to mask the new growth on top of my scalp to make me look remotely decent. I thought about waking up and forgetting that I had cut all my hair off and going into a mini panic.  I thought about the looks that I would get the next day at work - maybe not bad, but there would definitely be looks.  I thought about all the accessories I have at home and not being able to use them. They would just sit in the bin looking crazy - why do you need accessories when you have no hair.

Yeah, I used Tyra as the pictures.  No, I don't look like her, but you get the idea.

So, since I'm not really letting go, I am going to keep the hair that I have and continue to fight with it until it decides to act right.

~Reel Moments~
I was having a hard time choosing a movie for this post, so I went for the obvious... but I think the quote goes with post.

Hairspray
Edna Turnblad: [singing] You can't stop my happiness, 'cuz I like the way I am. And you just can't stop my knife and fork when I see a Christmas ham! And if you don't like the way I look, then I just don't give a damn!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Examining the shape of your head is a good idea. I think my shape is okay, but I'm afraid that I would have some hideous birthmark that wouldn't be visible until my hair was gone and then there would be nothing I could do but wait it out. Or buy a wig.

Regina said...

lmbo... So true. I did not even think about that and that is why the sh!t would hit the fan because it is the smallest things that you forget about and then you can't do anything but wait. I would probably try to do some ridiculous surgery or home kit to get it to grow back quickly and break out with some fatal rash or something.

Post a Comment