Saturday, May 22, 2010

To Lay Into or Not...

If I really let go,I I would lay into everyone that knowingly disrupted life and dismissed their actions as if it never happened, and them the sh!t would hit the fan because those people already probably have some type of animosity towards the world and bothering them about a dismissed whatever would probably only piss them off more... And pissing people off hardly ever ends well. I bring this up because I saw two completely different people (teenage female - maybe 20 years old and 40's somethings male) drop the subscription slips out of a magazine and not pick them up. The man kicked hid under the bookshelf and the girl looked at them and laughed. Again, this did not occur at the same time. As I sat there watching, I thought, what tells us that we shouldn't correct something that we have wronged? Then I had to address the topic of right versus wrong. Is it wrong to leave it even if you put it there? Is it right to pick it up just because you dropped it?

It's tough though because people use so many different objects, religions, and/or environments among other things to help them shape what they view as right or wrong. But...Isn't there still a consensus about property that isn't yours in a place that doesn't belong to you? I think so. I mean seriously... how much trouble is it to pick up something that you dropped? I know the subscription dropping may seem petty, but look around... people are disturbing things everywhere for no reason and no one cares. Coke in the Pepsi row at gas stations, cold items in non cold sections at the grocery store, Vogue on top of US Weekly, Butter on the counter at the self serve station at the theater, syrup on the outside of the container at IHOP.


Are we lazy or just dirty? I'm not sure I can an answer for those two people or anyone else for that matter, but it is utterly ridiculous that thix type of behavior exist. Why am I pubished (walking out of the bathroom with tissue stuck to my shoe) because you decided not to clean up your mess?

I do my best to put things back the way I found them or at least leave the items in an organized chaos.

The two people today got to me, but I think it has always bothered me. Now don't get me wrong... everything about me is not spotless. I don't expect everyone else to be either, but I think common decency obligates you to right what you've wronged.

0 comments:

Post a Comment