Monday, May 17, 2010

To Host or Not...

If I really let go, I would have people over to my house more, and then the sh!t would hit the fan. Well maybe not, but here is why I felt this was blog worthy. In the almost 2 year in Tally, i can count on one hand how many times I have had people over to my place. It is 5 in case you are wondering. End me the year christmas dinner (work related ), family for 4th of july, once when people were picking me up to go somewhere, once when I had to relocate some items in a hurry, and the moving men when I moved from my first apt to my sweet little home I live in now. Truth is, I have never a been the company having type. I like to be home sometimes, but I like to go out more. I have no problem hanging at homes that don't belong to me. IDK, you can only experirnce so much in your own home.

Hmm.. I just lied. I had quite a bit of company in undergrad and grad school. Parties, wii sports competitions (when it first came out), kidnappings, holiday dinners, sorority events, TV show viewing parties (I have a friend that was on I Love New York), counseling sessions, and so much more. Man, I had a crapload of company now that I think about it.

Hmm... I'm sure I could come up some reasons as to why I haven`t had more company in the last 2 years. I worked to much, place is too small, it isn't clean, it isn't decorated like I want it, and many many more reasons. Are those truly valid reasons though? I think not. Oh, at one point I only had a 13 inch (it did what I needed it to do), and about 5 or 6 people wanted to play rock band. Now that just wasn't going to work now, was it? (smile) I think letting people into your home is saying I am letting you into my heart and my life. You can tell so much about people by what is in their place. Do they care about family? What are their hobbies? Are they keeping any secrets? What are their aspirations? Do they take care of themselves? Do they eat standing up in the kitchen? TV or books?

The hard thing about letting people in (your home) is that you can't really do it a little or a lot. It is all or nothing. Yes, you can close doors, but doesn't that say something too? There are people in my life that vary when it comes to letting people in. Some always suggest going out. Some always suggest coming over. Some do a little of both. Where do you stand and what does that say about you?

Since I'm not letting go, I'm shooting for at least one more guest appearance inside my house before the year comes to an end

~Reel Moments~

Save the Last Dance

Sara: Do you want to see my room?
Derek: Um, yeah
Sara: This is it. I sleep on the couch.

3 comments:

J. Kelly said...

yea! have people over! lol...this really did make me think about the times people have come to my place...and how my current apartment has yet to look the way I want it to. maybe I'll get on that...

Regina said...

Hmmm.. I might, but now I think there may be too much pressure and it is best that I continue on the road that I have been traveling for the past 2 years. Don't you think?

J. Kelly said...

haha...you would come up with that kind of logic...

Post a Comment