Saturday, November 24, 2012

The last of the... Pumpkin

I was sitting in my room this afternoon basking in the how great time was with the family for Thanksgiving...and I don't know why, but pumpkin popped in my head. I'm not even a huge pumpkin fan, but I went with it. That led me to the kitchen to the final 2 cans (no, not fresh) of pumpkin. I mentioned before that I have been baking a lot lately, so I decided on a pumpkin muffin.

I started pulling ingredients from cabinets high and low and this is what I created. Woohoo!!


 Ingredients are below...



This is what mixing looking likes...
Dry ingredients in one bowl, wet in another (adding one after the other) and then combine.







Now, it's time to bake...






 And, now it's time to cool... (except, I forgot to take the cooling picture, so this is after they've cooled)


Clean up always sucks...





Now to stack...


My first batch sunk in the middle because I overfilled them and decided to use a spatula to get the gook from the bottom of the stove before it started burning. Those went in the trash. I tried to save them (maybe mash together and create some type of crust for something else, but it was hopeless. 

Overall, it was a great 1st try at these. Now, someone else should come eat them. Shawn T and Insanity are going to shaking fingers at me. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment