Friday, May 6, 2011

It finally happened!

A couple of days ago, I wrote about how much I loved my current living situation and then I wrote about how untrue that was. I've  been leisurely looking for an apartment for the past 5 months and I just hadn't found anything I even remotely liked.

Last week, I moved from being content to being annoyed with budget suites. Nothing in particular, probably a combination of school coming to an end and summer approaching. I don't want to spend my summer feeling unsettled because I wan't to explore and do other things.

So, i took off on tuesday to go find me a home. I saw some okay ones and some that were a definite no...and finally, I found one that I love. Spacious, large closets, garden tub, beautiful view of a lake and a golf course for the great price of $1010 a month for rent alone. WTF. I work in student affairs and wouldn't be able to eat after tacking on the rest of the bills. oh well, maybe on another life.

12 properties and more than 24 hours later, I'm back at work with no progress. A couple weeks ago, a division colleague mentioned that her roommate moved out last semester and she was looking for a new one. She has cats, so I was thinking that would be my lsat choice. Well, my coworker Jules is over me and my situation, so she moved that procesd along on Wed. I was scheduled yi visit her wed night to see if I liked the place and if we were a good fit.

I went, she showed, we talked money, I said yes.

The whole situation is perfect. Lauren is awesome, the house is huge...really huge, and rent is beyond reasonable. It's a match made in haven. I move in tomorrow and I can't wait. Now, we've talked about me not liking our doing  yardwork and she's good with that. I may mow some grass in the winter, but summer heat makes me really sad. She also started gardening recently, so I may take a stab at it, but one worm and I'm done.

Her cats seem harmless to me at the moment. The house doesn't smell like animal which I've known to be the case before, but I've also known the opposite. My eyes only itched for a few seconds, but that's probably because i touched the cat and didn't wash my hands.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to enjoying my staff and creating a lasting friendship with lauren.

Yay to new adventures!

0 comments:

Post a Comment