Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Recovery Feels Good

Last year, I had a tragic accident that turned my life upside down. I'm not even sure there is a word to describe what I felt after it happened. I was trying my best not to mope around with puffedd up lips and saggy cheeks. things got easier as the months went on and eventually it was a thing of the past. Occasionally, I would be reminded and it would bring back feelings of stress and uneasiness. About 6 months after it happened, I gave myself a talk. Mainly to take ownership of my part in the catastrophe and also to place a little blame. At the end of the talk, I decided once and for all that it would never happen again if were to be put in the same situation.

It has been a year since it happened and today I believe I have completed recovered. Go here to read the post from last year.

If you have gone to the link, you may think I have been just a tad bit dramatic. I'm sure there are people out there that understand. Aren't there?

Anyway, moral of this story is that my OPERATING SYSTEM WAS FOUND!!!!!!!!!!

Fastlane computers has brought me back to life.

No more trips to the library to send an email, play a game, or book a flight. No more time ticking -library gives you 2 1 hour sessions a day due to high traffice volume - really? No more random people rubbing arms with me (UGH) because they have gotten too comfortable at their computer and have leaned over into my computer space. No more of that. Now don't get me wrong... I love people watching and the library is definitely a place to do that. You have children that have been tossed out until the library closes at 9 so their guardians can do anything but talk to them, homeless people sleeping, high schoolers (sometime older) trying to mack of someone (usually works with really bad line like what would you say if someone thought you were fly and that person was shy and didn't know how to approach you), people yelling about how they didn't use the computer code that they reserved with their library card number and how it is unfair for them not to get another one, and other people like me sitting and watching everyone else and inevitably being watched by someone else. How can i give all of that up? Well, I will still go to check out library books and the occasional movie or book on CD.

I'm not sure if there is a more beautiful sound right now that the sound of my computer booting up. I immediately went to check things out to see what i was working with. My hard drive was shot, so I have no personal items saved, but so what. Shift happens and you have to get over it or let it take you down. I'm not down with the latter. I soon reaized that they put in a new hard drive and reinstalled my operating system like I asked, but they did not install office software. Yes, I knew this, but did not really think about. I just wanted to get my computer fixed. Well, now I sit here formuating this post in WordPad.. My Gosh... WTC. I am going to check my computer programs at home to see if I still have the windows 07 software that I used prior to the crash of 09.

I just have to say that it feels great to be connected to the world again. people run the world (their world at least) by internet and using Wii internet or my crap phone (no use in getting internet on it) just won't cut it. so, I'm back and I'm excited. Get ready for whatever I'm bringing.

Later


~Reel Moments~

It's a Wonderful Life (1946)

George Bailey (James Stewart) Now, you listen to me! I don't want any plastics, and I don't want any ground floors, and I don't want to get married - ever - to anyone! You understand that? I want to do what I want to do. And you're... and you're...

1 comments:

J. Kelly said...

I am so happy for you!!

Post a Comment