Thursday, May 7, 2009

Operating System Not Found

Last week, before blog-a-day in May started, I broke my computer. How unfortunate. At first, I thought a cable had detached or something. It fell from my couch to the floor. Nothing super dramatic, just a little fall. so I thought. I decided to take my computer apart to see if I could fix it. I worked for a tech support place for a while, so I'm relatively computer savvy (nowhere near Geek Squad status). Anyway, I removed screws, detached and attached cables, removed the hard drive, took it apart as much as I could (I don't have one of the screwdriver that it needed), removed the DVD drive to check it, and then put it all back together.


I checked the bios, tried to boot 3 different ways from the boot menu, and a few other things. All the signs point to a damaged hard drive. WTF. It's always something. So, In the wonderful state of Florida (aka budget cut central- although it hasn't truly affected me yet), should I buy another SATA II HDD or suffer for being irresponsible with my computer?


I haven't quite decided if I deserve my computer back yet. People say you appreciate things more when you've lost them, so maybe I didn't truly appreciate my computer. Maybe I should abandon it, and eventually buuy another one. I think I want a MAC anyway. HP can kiss my behind, unless of course, I go buy a Hard Drive.

Hmmmm. So much to think about.

You’ve Got Mail

Joe Fox: The whole purpose of places like Starbucks is for people with no decision-making ability whatsoever to make six decisions just to buy one cup of coffee. Short, tall, light, dark, caf, decaf, low-fat, non-fat, etc. So people who don't know what the hell they're doing or who on earth they are can, for only $2.95, get not just a cup of coffee but an absolutely defining sense of self: Tall. Decaf. Cappuccino.

2 comments:

adam said...

Danny: Can I get a large black coffee?
Barista: A what?
Danny: Large black coffee.
Barista: Do you mean a venti?
Danny: No, I mean a large.
Barista: Venti is large.
Danny: No, venti is twenty. Large is large. In fact, tall is large and grande is Spanish for large. Venti is the only one that doesn't mean large. It's also the only one that's Italian. Congratulations, you're stupid in three languages.
Barista: A venti is a large coffee.
Danny: Really? Says who? Fellini? Do you accept lira or is it all euros now?

Regina said...

lol....that is really funny. I need to see Role Models. We have been watching it at Kels for the past forever. We need to get it together.

Post a Comment