Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Boredom Blues

It's Tuesday morning, the beginning of my make-shift summer break (the students are gone, at least until next week when summer school starts), and I can feel the ghost of boredom coming to get me. I can do some pretty ridiculous things when I get bored, so I googled some suggestions. Here are some viable options.


- Wash a tree
- Give your cat a Mohawk (I don’t have one, but I know 3 people that do)
- Learn to tie sailors’ knots.
- Go to a gun range and try out some rental pistols.
- Make deep-fried Twinkies.. Put them in pretty containers and deliver them to your friends.
- Learn to juggle.
- Compose a letter online and the World's Smallest Postal Service will transcribe it in the tiniest of script, seal it with a minuscule wax seal, and send it with a magnifying glass so your recipient can read it. Link.
- Play air guitar
- Do a quick tap dance routine
- Go get a zoo membership
- Any suggestions?








Home Alone

Megan
: [talking about Kevin] You're not at all worried that something might happen to him?

Buzz
: No, for three reasons: A, I'm not that lucky; 2, we have smoke detectors; and D, we live in the most boring street in the United States of America, where nothing even remotely dangerous will ever happen! Period!


3 comments:

James said...

I usually drink when I'm bored...is that ok?

LuminouzFlame said...

Oh GOD! You know what happened last summer when we got bored. 4 words: goldfish, gecko, and kitchen table. I wonder what adventures you'll get into. Keep me posted.

Regina said...

lol...James. That's cool. Sometimes that comes with other kinds of issues though.

K- I do remember that. Wow, that seems like so long ago. So sad.... I miss our adventures. We had so many last summer. I'm not sure if I would classify them as fun, scary, unusual, ridiculous, hilarious, or out of control. Do you remember the sloppy joes on the back porch? movie night with the popcorn containers? yoga in the living room? Man.... Fun times...

Post a Comment