Friday, May 13, 2011

Today is John Legend Day and update on online dating

Today was such a great day... Work was blah, but the afternoon was oh so great. The Graduation celebration was tonight and it was fantastic. To give you a little background info... The actual graduations happen all weekend in Texas Hall. Tonight was just a celebration, so no diplomas are given out. It's at an outside venue called the Levitt Pavillion (see below)and 2600 seats are set out for reserved seating.



There's free food for all and a jazz band that's plays until the show starts. It is important to note that this was only advertised as John Legend the speaker, not the singer. It didn't though... the seating area filled with no problems and there were plenty of people standing.





John's speech covered dedication and persistence and how graduation should be a given for the majority instead of a battle for the minority (my words not his)... He talked about giving back and giving freely. He talked about poverty and being humble amongst many other things. I learned a little about his childhood and some things that have pushed him to where he is today. I grateful for those things in his life because I'm sure he provided some of our new graduates and current students with motivation to be... to do... to live. Thank you Mr. Legend.

He then calmly walked over to the piano that the jazz band used to sing 2 songs about the world...one of which was so relevant to our society. It talks about the responsibility of all and how things will stay the way the are until each and every one us decides that the world needs to be something else or something different. The crowd is going crazy because John Legend is on stage...and even though I have all of CD's and I know he's great... the clarity and strenght of his voice made my legs buckle a little. There was so much heart and soul behimd those words. It was remarkable and at one point I had wet eyes. I didn't cry and no tears fell, but I felt joy and hop as I looked out into crowd of people that were hanging on to his every word. The sky was a beautiful shade of blue... The weather was uncharacteristically pleasant... and it was a beautiful moment.

Mr. Legend finished the first 2 songs, got an encore and did a 3rd. It was just as great as the first 2, but better for the audience because it was one of his hits. And then, the fireworks began and it made a perfect night remarkable.






I also got to take a picture with Mr. Legend and the Volunteers.I didn't get to shake his hand or greet him because people were very uptight, but the greatness of the night made up for that.

I hope you are having a magical night wherever you are!





Update for online dating...


I found out today that day 5 equals facebook friends. Hmmm... Seems a little quick since everything that is done on facebook is taken as the most official that official can be. Thougths?

0 comments:

Post a Comment