Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Reality Tv: Out of control

There are a million bazillion reality shows out there just waiting for people to make fools out of themselves. I watch quite a few of the shows and I am not ashamed to admit it. They are entertaining. Yeah, they may be scripted and ridiculous, but I get a kick out of them and by the end of a season I usually feel some type of ridiculous connection to the host(s)and the contestants.

A majoirty of the shows include something about being named the best, the master, the next, the top, the whatever in any and everything. Seriously though, I am waiting for the next best pom scum picker - maybe a little dramatic, but I am. Every other week, maybe more, i'm seeing a new reality show about being the best at something.

It got me to thinking about me and what show I could apply for at this time in my life. I can't be on top model unless they get a little loose with the requirements or on top chef. The next soap star is off the air and I wouldn't dare embarass myslef by trying out for so you think you can dance. The ultimate cake challenge would devour me along with Work of Art, although I could probably creat something that looked a little bit like art in order to get through 1 phase of auditions. I don't know though. I'm all about the shows that get rid of you for being a huge competitor like big Brother and Amazing Race, but a show like Survivor would never see my face. I like to compete ad chat it up, but not with bugs,fire, trees, and people who want to eat you becuase there isn't any real food. I need sweet drinks, food that I don't have to slaughter, electricity, and a bed with a matress. I just recently saw Scream Queens 2. It's a competition show for women that want to break into acting. The winner will get to be in the next Saw movie and get some other prozes than I can't remember. There are some pretty bad actors on there, but i could totally see myself on a cheesy show like that. It would let me do what I love for people that still have some type of influece in the industry... even if it isn't exactly the genre I want to be a part of. Horror would be at the bottom of the list right before movies like Napolean Dynamite. I absolutely hated it.I would stop acting if that was the only type of movie I was getting offered.

There is also Rupauls show, which I obviously can't be on, but I would love to be a judge. That would be another job that I would love to do. I would host quite a few of them and think I would be pretty good at it,

Sorry if you had no interest in reality, but I've been watching quite a bit. Better luck next time.

~Reel Moments~

The Truman Show (1998)

Truman: [to an unseen Christof] Who are you?
Christof: [on a speaker] I am the Creator - of a television show that gives hope and joy and inspiration to millions.
Truman: Then who am I?
Christof: You're the star.

0 comments:

Post a Comment