Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The rose ceremony begins

I have only watched a few of the seasons between the bachelor and bachelorette. I usually watch the first episode to see if I am intrigued to watch the next week. Most of the time the answer is no, but occasionally it is yes. A little tid bit of info... The only successful relationship from both shows that actually ended in marriage was Tristan and Ryan. That was actually one of the seasons I watch. Along the way, there have definitely been some TV junkies, attention seekers, promiscuous animals, and a slew of other types of people. Those are the things that make reality TV interesting. It's a time to waste your life away while laughing at the ridiculous things people do on TV.

The question of whether people can fall in love on TV is going to depend on the person answering it. I don't get so wrapped up in these people that my heart ends up getting broken at the end if the person I want to win is not the winner (although, I'm usually pretty good at picking who win). I think there may be some genuine
(or as genuine as they can be with all the camera's) people that come on these types of shows, but I imaging it is hard to truly be who you are when the underlying purpose of the show is to win and possibly become faux famous in the process.

Anywho, last night was the season premiere of The Bachelorette.

Jillian Harris, the intelligent, independent, passionate woman who fell just short of her goal -- hoping that Jason Mesnick could be her best friend, soul mate and future husband on the just completed hit season of The Bachelor -- will have her own opportunity to find true love, as the fifth edition of the female version of the ABC's popular romance reality series premieres at a special time on MONDAY, MAY 18 (9:02-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

There is an australion, a break dancer, a country singer, a tanned body builder model, a foot fettish guy, and a thrift store rumager among the men. We will see how this season plays out. I think I will watch next week to see what happens.

Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo

T.J. Hicks: I prefer to think of myself as more of a...male madame. That didn't come out right.

0 comments:

Post a Comment